dimanche 21 novembre 2010

Miss Prim's diary

July 26, 1894
            Jack will leave for town in two days. While he is away, I will try to show some more strictness with Cecily. She keeps dreaming just like these unconventional characters. I would be so glad if she would show interest on her lessons. Today, as usual, she went outside in the middle of her German grammar lesson. I can see that her education is not so important to her; she often speaks about some romantical dreams she has. In fact, I didn’t get married and this is may be why these thoughts she has never obsessed me. Education had always taken the major part of my time; I don't have much time for entertainment. If she doesn’t get back in ten minutes I’ll go get her. I guess a short break couldn’t be bad too. Maybe even Queen Victoria takes short breaks. Oh! What an example she is for us!
            I don’t even know why I am writing a diary. Maybe I am losing memory with the years. What I might not forget is the moment when I lost Lord Bracknell’s baby. It marked my life; I would give my hand to find that child again.
            Enough! I’m going for her.

-David Boulanger Latour

4 commentaires:

  1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Guess what?

    When I finally found her and got her eyes on the grammar book; she talked to me about the flowers that should get watered.

    I wonder when will she takes her lessons seriously.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Absolutly I still take it seriously Miss! I just looked in the dictionary for an unknown German word. I know i spent too long on it, I should go try to improve myself, next time be sure I'll time myself.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. If you work well you will improve yourself really fast. Jack would be so happy.

    RépondreSupprimer