lundi 22 novembre 2010

Cecily's Diary

July 26,1894

Today is a wonderful day; the sun is shining on the pink roses in the garden. I should go sprinkle them before they die, the sun may be too intense for them today. But still, Miss Prism wants me to finish my German lessons before doing it. Fortunately, she’s busy with the daily visit of Dr Chasuble so I can write my thoughts in my sweet diary. Before I forget, Ernest sent me another beautiful letter. This one was scented with roses, just as my garden. How cute he is. I can’t wait to meet him. In this letter, he showed me the interest of being engaged, but it was not defenite. In my reply, I also showed him a bit of interest... But not too much! We’ll see what happens in the next letter. I guess the next one will be scented with tulips, my favorite flower. Ernest knows how to make me feel happy. I should go finish my lesson before Miss Prism sees the tricks I use, she would be angry if she knew I use a German dictionary. I must remember to erase this sentence if I publish my diary in the coming years...Okay, time to close the subject, Miss Prism is greeting Dr Chasuble, he has a ceremony this afternoon so he can’t stay any longer. Sad for me, I have to go.

Cecily Cardew

Carl Jacob

5 commentaires:

  1. Cecily!

    I just red your diary while you where away and I burned your dictionary.

    Jack might not be really happy to hear that.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That's not what you think Miss, I was just taking lesson on "How to find faster". Passed to 65 seconds to 60 the last time!

    RépondreSupprimer