dimanche 21 novembre 2010

Gwendolen's diary

July 26, 1894
It was cold and the sky was dark; I was hiding in the barn that is located a few meters from the castle of my grandparents. In fact, I had left the Upper East Side to join my grandparents in the north of England in a city known by the name of Durham. The idea of sending me to live in the north of England was my mother’s, Lady Bracknell. She wanted to punish me because I was very arrogant.
Once in Durham away from all the hectic evenings and beautiful boys of my style, I began to feel lonely. But that night, I met a man at the barn who was far from being my style or from the high class. He had heard me crying and so, he approached and tried to comfort me. I was way too arrogant that I did not even occupy him. Gradually as that young man named Earnest no longer spoke to me, I started appreciating him. Earnest was one of the many great servants of my grandfather and did not have an education.
After a long discussion, I had found a place for him in my heart. I found him different from the others; he was much more caring and sensitive. But, he was also less fortuned and came from a family of low class. I knew that a story between him and I would be impossible and I had to leave for London the next day. Therefore, I promised myself that I would marry a man that my family would accept but, would be called Earnest.

-Aboulhorma Karim

5 commentaires:

  1. Well done, none should marry someone that knows nothing. But, I wonder... what does the the name of Earnest has of special ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I agree Ernest is a wonderful name! Honestly I'm sure we would be good friends. Let's do something in the next days?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You are busy next days. I planned hard work for you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It is such a coincidence! I have a friend named Ernest, Ernest Worthing. I should introduce you to him someday!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. It could be nice to finally discover what does that name as of special.

    RépondreSupprimer