lundi 22 novembre 2010

Algernon's Diary

July 26, 1894
Today, I went for a walk on London’s streets. It was a lovely day to take some fresh air and a brief rest from my upper class life. Having good manners is quite exhausting, I must be careful to not to spoil my reputation. But, in my situation I must behave as if I am just taking a walk in the park.
Later, I went at my new friend's house a certain Jack Worthing. One of his friends was already there when I arrived. We were having fun until they started a boring speech about a marriage that was going to happen soon. They invited me. Trying to not look too uninterested, I politely refused. I told him that I needed to take care of an invalid friend of mine called Mr. Bunbury. Surprisingly they totally swallowed the story. Either they are too foolish or I was too convincing. That move was even cleverer than when I told that guest not to eat the cucumber sandwiches because it was for more important guests. That was the reason I gave to him to keep them all for myself! I might consider using that excuse often in the future. The night has fallen and it seems like tomorrow shall be a quite boring day. I was invited to a family meeting.
I think… I think I know how I am going to get out of this…

-Vladimir Carrillo

5 commentaires:

  1. Mmmm, cucumber sandwiches.

    We should meet someday and share some.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Share?... Ummm... Yes sure! I will ask Lane to go at the market and try to find some.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. When are you free ?

    For me I can during Celily's occupation.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I thought you must watch her closely while she is doing her task!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. No, these times are my only breaks.

    I must teach her that is different

    RépondreSupprimer